With the new IOIO V5 Library, IOIO now works with the BeagleBone Black! This will ONLY work with new IOIO V5 library so be sure and upgrade prior.
Note a Raspberry Pi is shown in the video but it works the same on the BeagleBone Black.
Step 1. Download the udev rules file from this page, and copy it to your rules directory (one time step)
cp 50-ioio.rules /etc/udev/rules.d
Then restart udev
Step 2. Plug your IOIO into the USB port on the BeagleBone Black and check if it’s recognized using this command.
Step 3. Visit the Oracle JDK download page and download the “Linux ARM v6/v7 VFP Soft Float ABI” version.
- Copy jdk-7u4X-linux-arm-vfp-sflt.gz to your BeagleBone Black. Replace X with the latest version of Java available which was 5 at the time of this writing.
- Perform ‘tar xzf jdk-7u4X-linux-arm-vfp-sflt.
gz’ to extract the JDK
- Perform ‘export PATH=$PATH:/home/root/jdk1.7.
0_4X/bin’ to add the JDK to your path
- Perform ‘export JAVA_HOME=/home/root/jdk1.7.0_
4X′ to set the JAVA_HOME on your installation
- Perform ‘java -version’ to verify your installation
java -jar -Dioio.SerialPorts=/dev/IOIO0
Unlike on the Pi, you must force the port on the BeagleBone or you’ll get exception errors so be sure and use -Dioio.SerialPorts=/dev/